Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 98

This week brought some interesting clouds to my photographs as the landscape work continues.  I got out of the the house early (for me) and took these around 8:30 this morning.




  Seriously, aren't those ominous looking clouds?  The sure make for a stunning backdrop for the temple.



 

 



 
 

 
 The gold lettering looks nice on the North marquis. (I guess that's what you call it?)


 Sorry for the fence in the pictures, but that's the only way to get a look at the East fountain.  I think it is really going to be impressive when it is completed.
 See, they are still fiddling with the frame around the windows.  Notice one of these things is not like the other.  This is on the North side of the temple.  Three windows have a shiny, aluminum colored frame around the arch and the other has a matching frame around the whole window.

This was the disturbing thing I saw this morning - an air compressor and the sound of multiple jackhammers reverberating in the underground parking.  Then, as I walked around the block I saw this pile of new rubble from the new construction.  I think the workers were demolishing the stairs from the South underground parking.  I assume that they were defective in some way and were being replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment