Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Vispera de Moroni - Moroni is coming to town

Tomorrow is the big day.  I suspect that there will be more people in Brigham City to see the Moroni statue emplaced than come to Peach Days.  It's kind of like Christmas in July.


 
Thanks, Chris for taking the photo


PS.  The Moroni statue is a symbol that the temple is nearing completion, or at least has passed a significant milestone. In temples, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints make sacred covenants to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He is the center of our religion.  Moroni with his trumpet is a symbol of the Gospel of Jesus Christ being proclaimed in all the world.

1 comment:

  1. I was there today, it was fun, but we had to go and couldn't see it because my sister had a doctors appointment. I like the site, and my family has a Nauvoo brick too!Go Brigham City!

    ReplyDelete