Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Temple Blessings

I want to share with you an experience I had this week regarding going to the temple. My wife and I decided to go to the 5 pm session on Friday evening, since I had the day off and the temple was going to be closed for the two following weeks for maintenance and cleaning. We wanted to go before the temple was closed.

I had some things I wanted to get done on my day off and I wanted to attend the temple also, so I felt a bit conflicted, but I decided to go to the temple.

The temple session was completely full, every chair. I also saw neighbors and stake members there, which is not surprising, since Brigham City is a small city. I spent two hours in temple worship, which was peaceful and uplifting, which I am sure you all knew.

For me, the truly inspiring blessings came from my experience on Saturday and Sunday. I accomplished all that I needed do on Saturday, spent some time with family, and I felt many impressions on Sunday. My thoughts were clear and my spirit seemed buoyed up. And what great joy I felt!

If this same experience had not happened to me many times before, I would never think that these were indeed blessings of temple worship!

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
 I have been blessed generously!

No comments:

Post a Comment