Total Pageviews

Friday, July 6, 2012

Provo Tabernacle Temple

I spent the 4th of July in Provo with my in-laws and went to the parade and the Stadium of Fire, courtesy of my daughter, Martha who scored some free tickets through her work.

The parade seems to be declining every year, but I still enjoy it.  On the way to Utah Valley that morning, we could see the fire burning to the East of Alpine.  We also saw firefighting helicopters flying around on the 4th.

When I woke up on the 5th, I was surprised when my wife said that it was cloudy.  Then, it started raining and raining all morning and most of the afternoon.  We received some much needed rain, without the lightning that usually comes in the Summer.  It was truly a miracle!  All the prayers were answered by the Lord.  The rain, humidity and cooler temperatures definitely controlled the fires.

By 4 o'clock in the afternoon, there were again blue skies, so I drove down University Avenue to get a look at the temple be constructed from the former Provo Tabernacle.  Here are the photos I took.

The major work I observed, was, of course, the exterior bracing to keep the brick work from collapsing during the construction.  I suspect the architects and engineers have a real challenge on their hands fitting a temple into the existing walls.  All you folks in Provo can keeps tabs on it.  I'm sure it will be beautiful!



















No comments:

Post a Comment