Total Pageviews

Friday, October 30, 2009

Right Across from the Tabernacle

The location for the Brigham City LDS Temple was announced in the Box Elder News Journal on Wednesday, October 28th, 2009. Here are a couple of pictures that I took on Thursday of the empty lot across from the Tabernacle where the Temple will be built.


Interestingly enough, I was talking to the parents of Dhat just the night before the announcement and they told me that the news of the location of the Kansas City Temple took over a year from when it was announced in general conference. I was hoping that Brigham City's Temple wouldn't take that long! And it didn't.
My wife and I ran into President Monson's brother at the school on Wednesday after work. I hadn't seen the newspaper yet, so I asked Mr. Monson if he had any inside info on the location. He said yes and my wife also chimed in, saying that the announcement was in the newspaper. I felt chagrined, but excited.
By the way, I was watching general conference when President Monson was speaking and just about to announce the 5 new temples. Before he had mentioned any cities, the image of this empty lot across from the Tabernacle popped into my mind. Then, President Monson said, "Brigham City, Concepcion, Chile, ..." I don't remember any other locations after the first two because I was so excited and surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment